Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Update

Well, I'm told it's been awhile again since I've posted on here. It turns out, I'm told right.

The past month and a half has been rather busy. I've adapted to the schedule of second shift, and like some stuff better about it than first, but I do miss the sleep schedule of first shift, interestingly enough.

Over the past month and a half I've kept busy, with work, going to Virginia to visit family a couple of times, going to Texas for my best friend's wedding, and going to West Virginia to start pre-marital counseling. While they have kept me very busy, all of these things have been very good. I will actually be headed back to West Virginia for our next counseling session early next week, and on October 22 I will be headed back to Dayton, Ohio for another two weeks of training.

It has been great to see how God has provided for different things. Becky was having some issues with the car she's been driving, and so my being up there a week and a half ago worked out well, as I was able to take my tools and work on her car while she was in class. It definitely still has issues, but I think the work I did helped with some stuff, and thankfully she should be getting her car and giving this one back this week. It was also awesome to see how God provides as I have been getting information about my student loans lately. I looked at everything and was able to completely pay off one of my higher interest rate loans. Praise be to God! This was one of my smaller loans, but still, being able to pay a loan in full before the first payment was due was absolutely awesome.

As some of you may have already seen in Becky's blog post, my parents took some engagement pictures for us on one of our trips to Virginia. Becky and I also were able to start our wedding registries, celebrate the engagement by going out for lunch with my parents, and things like that. Additionally, we have published a wedding website that we will continue to update (primarily Becky, as she is better at keeping up with that type of thing than I am, but we will both do some more work with it). It can be found here if anyone is interested.

Today Becky and I are thanking God for two months of engagement! It's hard to believe in some ways that it's only been two months, but when I remember that we're getting married seven months from tomorrow, two months seems like a high percentage of our engagement.

How can I be praying for you? I'd love to hear from you and learn what's going on in your life, and just how you're doing in general.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for making our marriage a priority over our wedding. You are a man worth following. I look forward to seeing you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete