Friday, December 21, 2012

End of the World?

Well, today there are many posts on Facebook about how the world did not come to an end today. You may be wondering if it did, since I'm updating my blog. Yeah - it's been awhile again.

These last couple months have been busy, but good. I went to Ohio again a couple times to finish up my initial training. I have now been signed off so I can sign for all of my own work - I don't have to have another mechanic watching and signing the logbook for my work anymore. This is both nice, and scary at the same time - I know longer have the constant "safety net" of having someone else checking all of my work.

The weekend before Thanksgiving my schedule in Ohio gave me a 5 day weekend, so I got back from Ohio and flew straight to Roanoke, VA where Becky picked me up and we drove up to Vermont. A few days later, I helped Tim and Beth drive down to Virginia with Annette and Evan. I had them drop me off in Roanoke so I could fly back to Charlotte and get my car, then return home for work Thanksgiving week. The following week I was back in Ohio, then I got to make a trip out to Texas on the 5 day weekend I got after my second week in Ohio.

While I was in Texas I got to go visit some friends at LeTourneau, then hang out for an afternoon and evening with some of my closest friends from LeTourneau who live between Longview and Dallas. I then was able to spend a few days with my grandparents and my mom, who was also visiting Texas. At the end of the long weekend I flew back to North Carolina and returned to work.

Last week I made a day trip to West Virginia for premarital counseling and helped Becky move her stuff from the dorm to the apartment where she'll be living next semester. I finished another week of work after that, and last Saturday evening Becky drove down, getting to Charlotte about the same time I got off work, so we left her car at my work and drove down to Waxhaw. We got to go to church together last Sunday, then enjoyed going around Charlotte for the day, and Monday we did some apartment shopping then went to Virginia to spend a couple days with my parents and grandparents. My sister Sarah came up to Virginia for family Christmas this past Tuesday, and on Wednesday I took Becky to the airport in Charlotte for her to fly home, then I went to work.

It's been a busy last couple of months, but it has also been very good. Sunday I will head back up to Virginia to spend a four day weekend with my family and do some hunting. I only have a week and a half of second shift left before the new schedule kicks into effect, so I will then be switching back to working Friday-Monday, 5:30 AM to 3:30 PM. My first weekend on that schedule, which starts December 31, I will be headed up to Vermont for a few days.

Let me know how you're doing and what's going on in your life - I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment